Monday, March 18, 2013

Christian Men United (CMU) Conference May 18, 2013 - Tampa Bay

Hello All,

I'm on Bill's daily "Thought for the Day" email list and wanted to communicate to you all what the Lord is doing in my life and in the Tampa Bay area.

My name is Carl Shack, Jr., and I lead a Christian men's organization called Christian Men United (CMU).  I'm currently organizing a men's conference for the Tampa Bay area on May 18, 2013.  The Lord has given me the task of organizing this men's conference, and He wants to get the message out that He wants to use ordinary men in a mighty way.  I am just stepping out on faith and being obedient to the call.  I have so much faith in what the Lord has instructed me to do that I've used my own resources to get what we need to this point because I know that the Lord will bless me for it.  We are totally relying on the power of prayer throughout the entire planning process because we believe that the Lord will give us the volunteers and resources that we need.  We have a venue which accommodates approximately 1000 men, and we currently have three keynote speakers, Mark Merrill, David Ring, and Dr. Crawford Loritts along with Pierre Chestang of Moody Radio Florida as the emcee. 
 
I've never done anything like this before so I'm just stepping out on faith and trusting the Lord that He's going to provide everything that we need. I'm using my own resources and trusting in the Lord that he will continue to provide for me and my family.  Additionally, we were voted into the National Coalition of Ministries to Men (NCMM) last year, and we're in the process of obtaining our 501c3 status. 
 
CMU’s base scripture is Matthew 5:13-16 which reminds us that we are the salt of the earth and the light of the world.   I could definitely use your assistance in spreading the news about the conference if you're willing, but most of all, I need your prayers.  I know that God is in this, and I have the faith that He is going to touch the hearts of people to assist us.   Will you stand in the gap with us?  I look forward to hearing from you.
 
Thank you and may God continue to bless you.
 
Carl Shack, Jr.
Phone:  813-220-5296

1 comment:

  1. The conference was a hit I enjoyed the music, fellowship and ministry. We must do this again SOON, I'm in!

    YBIC,

    Odie

    ReplyDelete