Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Happy Birthday - Daddy | Tribute to Richard Lee Anderson Sr.



Wishing You a Happy 70th Birthday

Today would have been your 70th Birthday, I miss your smile and childlike impulsive behavior. Although you were my dad at a very early age I noticed we were kindred spirits and had ALOT in common. We both loved to dance, sing and most of all we had a mutual love of music. You lived your life with wounds from your past and I would like to believe you did the best you could. Addiction curbed the success and stability you had the ability to provide and our family lived with the lack that this deficiency caused. I'm not bitter and have NO REGRETS, I made amends with you and was able on several occasions to provide for you in your time of need. 

Dad and I at my home in Mayport, Florida 
You fell seriously ill only months after these pictures were taken. I miss you and wish you were still here. You lived your life out loud, though haphazard at times, never a dull moment.

One incident we talk about often was when we took you bowling. You were on a mission, we had to get you your own lane so you didn't have to wait on anyone and bowl at YOUR OWN PACE. Hilarious to watch!

Your love for God and people was evident. You were like the mayor in New Orleans, we couldn't walk five steps without you getting into a 20-30 minute conversation. Your high school education and challenging background didn't prevent you for teaching me lessons that I have never heard from any other person. I appreciate the time we had although I wish we had more. I know you are in a better place and I will see you again. Until then, know that I love and miss you. Happy Birthday Daddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment