Tuesday, December 22, 2015

"Batter, Batter, Batter, SWING!" Help for your job search woes. Get the INTERVIEW and the OFFER!

 I would like to pose a question....how many times are you swinging the bat? I am a career changer and know first-hand how hard it is to get the interview and then get the offer. My last three offers transpired as follows (over the last 2 years): 1) application on site without introduction or recruiter, 2) internet application leading to an interview and 3) referral from a recruiter to an interviewer without a resume or initial application. I was offered the job in all three instances on the spot. Having a goal for your career is paramount, employers are looking for mature individuals that know what they are looking for and can articulate. Interview skills are also indispensable, being honest, straight-forward and professional are my strong points. Last but not least, keep swinging the bat, take chances and apply for jobs that you may not have all the skill set for, these give you an opportunity to grow and have a chance of getting a yes nonetheless. I hope this helps, "Batter, Batter, Batter, SWING!”

No comments:

Post a Comment